Tie Fork Installation
A project of that CFC installed recently was featured on Design Cost Data recently. We enjoyed installing the split rail fence around the Tie Fork Rest Area in Tucker, Utah. It is a beautiful facility and the split rail fencing is the perfect addition.
“During the early 1900’s the Town of Tucker, Utah had a population of about 200 people. Tucker started as a simple railroad junction, between the main line of the Denver and Rio Grande Western railroad and the spur of the Utah and Pleasant Valley Railway and ran to the mines of the area. In 1913 the railroad was re-aligned and completely rerouted. With the railroad rerouted, the town was abandoned. In the years hence the state of Utah used the abandoned town site for a rest area. Tucker Rest area (Milepost 204) was built in 1969 and served travelers for 40 years.
In 2009, the Tucker rest area was removed for a highway safety project. To honor the town, the state of Utah built a replacement facility about 2 miles downstream from Tucker and the new facility was named the Tie Fork Rest Area. The UDOT concept team felt it was important to build the restroom and visitor center to resemble a train depot of the early 1900’s. A train depot would pay tribute to the town of Tucker and also to the railroad heritage of the area. The design and project were impressive and voted one of the most beautiful buildings in Utah in a contest sponsored by the American Institute of Architects in 2010.”